RULES OF CONDUCT
DURING SPORTS-RECREATIONAL FISHING AT THE WATERS AT
THE TERRITORY OF THE NATIONAL PARK “MAVROVO”
THE RIVER RADIKA AND ITS CONFLUENTS
– It is allowed to fish for sports and recreational purposes from 01.02 to 30.09;
– It is allowed to have a daily fish-take of 5 pieces with size of over 30 cm;
– It is allowed to use fishing items such as: a machine with artificial bates (lures) only, a blinker, flies; (up to three flies per set)
– Fishing is allowed on: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and state holidays;
THE LAKE OF MAVROVO
– Trout fishing is allowed from 01.02 to 30.09.
For the rest of the species, fishing is allowed from 01.02 to 31.10, whereas fishing is banned during the period of natural spawning during the following periods:
– Maple from 30.04 to 31.05
– Scobust from 30.03 to 31.05
– Barbel from 30.04 to 30.06
– Salmo trutta from 30.04 to 30.06
– Carp from 01.04 to 30.06
– Fishing is allowed on: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and state holidays, whereas from 01.07 to 31.10 fishing is allowed every day.
– It is allowed to have a daily fish-take of:
– Trout: 4 pieces with size of over 30 сm
– Carp: 4 kilograms
– The rest of fish species: 3 kilograms
– It is allowed to use fishing items such as: two fishing rods with three fishhooks or three fishing rods with one fishhook each.
- Fishing permit is issued only to individuals who have an ID for recreational fishing;
- Fishing permit is not valid if the above mentioned rules are not complied with. In case when these rules are broken the fisherman shall be denounced and his/her fishing equipment shall be taken from him/her;
- Fishing permits are issued at the following points:
– The Headquarters of the National Park “Mavrovo”, and
– The Information Tourist Center.
UNDER CONDITIONS WHEN THE ABOVE MENTIONED RULES ARE NOT COMPLIED WITH APPROPRIATE PUNISHMENT MEASURES SHALL BE UNDERTAKEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH BOTH THE LAW ON FISHING AND AQUACULTURE AND THE CRIME LAW OF THE REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA